Helping people with Down's syndrome to live full and rewarding lives
Who we are
The Down's Syndrome Association is the only organisation in this country focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome.
- We provide information and support for people with Down’s syndrome, their families and carers, as well as being a resource for interested professionals
- We strive to improve knowledge of the condition.
- We champion the rights of people with Down’s syndrome.
What we do
Our organisation is divided into various teams, including:
- Information - run the helpline; provide info about all aspects of living with Down's syndrome including welfare, education and health; advise new parents or anyone experiencing difficulties
- Fundraising - responsible for raising money for the association through events, sponsorship and trusts
- Communications - give key messages to the media, public and professionals; influence policy making; responsible for external publications
- Training - run courses throughout the UK for members, professionals and carers
- Membership - responsible for all administration surrounding new members, existing members and affiliated groups