Home-Start North Somerset offers free, confidential support, friendship and practical help to parents in North Somerset with at least one child under-5.
Many parents feel exhausted and overwhelmed by the stresses of family life, particularly if they have little support from family and friends when they need it most. That’s when Home-Start North Somerset can help. Our home-visiting volunteers regularly visit a family, in their own home, offering emotional and practical support to help them through difficult times.
Our support is confidential, flexible and responsive to your needs. Home-visiting can include:
- giving you someone to listen to you
- supporting you to access community activities for you and your child
- helping and playing with your children
- giving reassurance
- helping you to find out about and use local amenities and services
- attending appointments with you
- working alongside you with practical help