Single Parent Action Network (SPAN) UK is a broad umbrella organisation representing the diversity of one parent families across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
SPAN aims to:
- Give a voice to one parent families living in poverty and isolation.
- Support the setting up and development of single parent self-help groups.
- Empower single parents to take control over their lives.
- Link with one parent groups in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales to exchange information, ideas and practices.
- Work with organisations and decision-making bodies in the UK and Europe to improve those policies which affect one parent families.